Dedicated to Economically Empowering and Sustaining African American Communities Through Entrepreneurial Activities
Latest Blog Entries
The ASBCC is a private non-profit entity committed to advancing the economic, intellectual, and social conditions of its affiliates and members and the communities that they serve throughout Alabama.
Alabama’s Black firms generate less than 1% of the total sales/receipts generated by Alabama businesses.
Problems Facing Alabama’s Black Businesses:
- Limited & reduced access to capital and credit due in part to stricter regulatory oversight.
- Primarily in slow growth industries.
- Inability to obtain contracts and historic under utilization of Black businesses on state and local contracts.
- Slow recovery from the 2007 recession.
- Higher rates of Black unemployment resulting in lower disposable income and consumer spending .
- Limited access to information and tools to grow their business.
- No advocacy for Black business community statewide.
- Grow a strong, vital, and united Black business community
- Creation of value for local chamber affiliates and members
- Position ASBCC as the leading advocate for Black business issues
- Assess, evaluate, and align the organization and operation of ASBCC